Outcome is Hiring!
August 30, 2022
By Ali Fredman
We are seeking an operations associate with experience in consumer credit origination to help us scale our outcomes-based financing execution. This role will work closely with students, educational institutions, and servicers to provide an alternative financing solution for higher education. This is an independent role, suitable for a financial services professional with back-office experience and a high attention to detail who is looking to gain leadership experience and establish immediate influence at a growing organization.
This role offers an incredible opportunity for impact, building solutions to outdated societal infrastructure and working directly with schools and students. You will be responsible for the customer experience throughout the origination process by guiding the school and its Outcomes-based financing students through the application.
As our first operations lead, you will work closely with our founding team to:
- Manage origination process by creating all applications, contracts, and disclosures and ensuring timely delivery, content communications, and confirmation with schools and students.
- Communicate critical origination time, loan approval and/or declinations, and loan application status to ensure students are informed at all times.
- Complete initial analysis of applicants’ verification, by using third-party credit checks.
- Liaise with loan servicer, ensuring timely set up, program details, agreements, documentation, and student hand-off.
- Coordinate legal and regulatory approval and confirmation with lawyers.
- Overseeing loan funding such as cashflow management, SPV management, performance reporting, and setting up additional SPVs as needed.
- Monitor and confirm graduation and placement status and manage disbursement.
- Manage loan performance by monitoring Servicer and School partners with on-going communication and follow-ups
- Improve upon, refine and scale process improvements to loan origination, while maintaining personal touch, including overseeing future white-label origination platform creation.
- Ensure all parties are working with the highest degree of urgency, meeting or exceeding customer expectations throughout every stage of the lending process.
- Creative, empathic, self-motivated, and intrinsically driven towards genuine impact. We’re looking for candidates with passion to make the higher education landscape more equitable and efficient and the technical skills to lead our operations and product development.
- You have a professional demeanor and are especially detail-oriented; able establish and build working relationships with educational institutions and their loan applicants, guiding them from initiation to successful completion of the loan origination process.
- Specific knowledge of consumer lending technology, including experience working within a student lending or other consumer finance company
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Technologically proficient with the ability to learn and navigate multiple systems / applications / workflows.
- Ability to exhibit grace under pressure, while successfully navigating stressful work assignments or situations efficiently and effectively
- Ability to meet critical deadlines under stressful conditions
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with the ability to move between tasks and duties quickly and efficiently
- Excellent organizational skills, prioritization and time management skills
Additional Skills & Experience
- Strong knowledge of federal, state and/or regulatory requirements for consumer lending.
- Overall good knowledge and understanding of loan product, pricing and underwriting guidelines
- Experience in financial services, including the development of risk management tools, actuarial models, or other forms of financial modeling
- Experience working in a start-up environment, particularly within the education or fintech space